Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a certified P-220 about a month ago, needed magazines so I purchased six stainless seven rounders, marked 220-1. All good until I tried loading them, seems that indentions in the top of the magazines, there to allow them to easier insert past the magazine catch have shortened the internal mag body dimensions so that my Remington JHPs will hang going in and out of the mags. Anyone ever ran into this before? I called SIG, was basically told that since they did not make the magazines sold under their name, there was nothing they were able to do to help. Almost makes me wish I'd bought a Glock or XD .45 instead.

·
Registered
149 Posts
bummer.

some solutions

1. use different/older mags and live with the mag catch issue.

2. use different ammo. is there a reason you want Remingtons? do you get a kick back? or do you like the green box? alot of people feel/think/belive that ANY 45 is the MAN STOPPER. so, if thats the case, pick another brand/type of ammo.

3. sell the gun and get something else.

also, fwiw, you could look at it as an ammo issue. remington didnt change their bullet style/shape to fit the mag. dont forget there the gun, ammo and you in this system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts