Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site, but not new to weapons. I spent a few years in the military (infantry) so between that and being raised in the country I've fired my fair share. I haven't fired anything in a several years until yesterday when I went out with my oldest son to fire his new Taurus .45. We had a blast, so now I'm becoming reaquainted with firearms. I have a Ruger .357 Blackhawk, a Jennings .380 semi auto, and an old .22 single action revolver. I got to fire an S & W .22 revolver yesterday and really liked it, so I'm thinking about looking into getting one or something comparable for target practice. Are there any other suggestions of something that I may need to be on the lookout for? I really don't want to spend $500 on one, but I also don't want to buy a piece of junk either. Can someone make some suggestions! Thanks in advance, and I look forward to seeing everyone on this forum!

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Welcome to PistolWorld!

When it comes to .22 revolvers, I really like the S&W mod. 17.

As far as your price, well, you can do it, but it will take alot of looking and luck.

All firearm prices are thru the roof at this time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
welcome.

youre limiting yourself with the 500. you MAY be able to find one out there, but i doubt it.

If youre open to USED, then that will open up alot of other possibilities. If you have a fav gun shop go shop there and let them know what youre looking for.

i would say to look for a 617 but they are in the 500> range. i got mine several years ago and they were right in that area. the used ones were not much less either.

You could really find a used M17/K22 for < 500 if you look. there are other S&W revolvers that are < 500 USED too.

Colt has some Trooper MK III, but they will be USED for your price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, used doesn't hurt my feelings one bit! I was thinking that to get a "quality" pistol I'd have to go used, so that's OK. Almost every gun that I have was used when I got it.

I was looking around the internet and came up on a site that was selling a pistol brand called Hi-Point. Has anyone heard of those? The pricing was right, but I want to make sure that I get decent quality also. I'll probably still look around for a good used name brand, but was just wondering about these.

·
Registered
52 Posts
High point's supposedly aren't real sturdy or particularly reliable. I don't own one, although I've definitely though about buying one in .45 ACP. Like you said, the price is right, but I suspect the quality is not. I'm waiting on either a Colt 1991 Commander or a Glock 21.

SS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts