Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure of the model # or even the caliber, as the gun has no markings on it except for serial # and this one inside the chamber 3
1314 5
It is stamped on the gun just as you see it here.
Thank you for any help you can give me. I am new at gun collecting and am very interested to learn all that I can .

·
Registered
149 Posts
If youre really serious about learning about guns then try looking for some books.

there are many good reference books out there. let google be your friend.

afa S&W goes, there is the "Standard Catalog of S&W" 3rd ED.

they have similar version for Winchester and COlt.

get youself a copy of the Blue Book, even an older edition will tell you something. also, keep one in your car so you dont have to go home and post here to ask questions. by the time you posted a question and got the answer of what its worth, its gone already.

you dont have to use the info as gospel, but get an idea since you can use the www for ABP/ASP.

you have to know the value ahead of time to get the good deals.

also, pictures are worth a thousand words.

according to MY copy of the "Standard Catalog of S&W" 3rd Ed, and looking in the back on page 397, the only gun with a "V" s/n prefix would be a Victory Model. Now, it doesnt mean there arent others since the book is only so current.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.