Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I came across this old School-J-Frame at a small gun show last Weekend. It is not often you see a four screw in this shape any more. This is a Pre-30 in .32 S&W long and evidently was someones night stand gun... It shipped from the factory in March 1955 and they sure don't put out quality like this any more...Hammerdown

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Congratulations... she is a real find and very beautiful. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: re: Old School-J-Frame

Rev. said:
Congratulations... she is a real find and very beautiful. :D
Hello Rev
I appreciate your kind words. I found a snub model last year that was in Poor cosmetic shape so sent it off to Ford's in Florida for a hard Chrome finish as I carry it daily and did not want to be concerned with hard carry wear.This one dates 1958 and is a Pre-30 as well, but the four screw models are far and few between being such a short run of them. Regards, Hammerdown

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Wow hammer... another beauty, especially for a daily carry. :wink:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Rev
I have always been an advocate of the incredibley accurate .32 Cal. Round. Here is a small Pre-War regulation Police Revolver which is an I Frame revolver once owned by Harry Anderson the Chief of Police of Evansville, Indiana. Old Harry carried this little beauty strong side while riding the experimental Motorcycle Brigeade back in the late 1920's. Before that Police answered complaints within the city limits on Bicycle's. It has an odd 3-1/4" barrel but riding Motorcycle one would elect to carry a shorter profile barrel. Below is Pictures of Harry and a breif history lesson on the man him self. Looking at this time frame revolver almost makes you almost see guys like Al Capone, John Dillinger & Baby Face Nelson as it was the time span when these Gansters terrorized America This revolver was known as the Regulation Police model of which the two Younger siblings above it evolved..No one wanted this Little beauty at a local gun show so the owner of it after finding out, I was very intrested in it and shared with him I would try to do some research on it decided to sell it to me for $200.00 out the door. I Then E-mailed the Evansville, Indiana Police Department and asked about Chief Anderson and was delighted to receive the Information about the man and his Life below.
Regards, Hammerdown

Here is the historical information on Harry Anderson with the Evansville Police Department. He served as Chief from 1926 to 1928.

If I can be of any other assistance, please let me know.

Sgt.Richard Hubbard

In March 1926, Nolte was hospitalized with a nervous breakdown and voluntarily took a demotion to detective, stepping down as chief in favor of Harry Anderson on March 29, 1926. Nolte continued as a member of the department until his retirement in 1931. Nolte died in 1933. Nolte's 3-month term as chief was the shortest in the history of the police department.

Harry Anderson

Harry Anderson, the 23rd chief of police, was born in Warrick County. He became active in the Republican Party. He joined the department on November 24, 1916. Prior to joining the department, Anderson worked as a bartender. He was promoted to motorcycleman on January 7, 1918. Anderson was a member of the Evansville Police Relief Association committee that published the book "A Souvenir History of the Evansville Police Department" in 1918.

In 1919, Anderson resigned and became a car salesman. In January 1921, County Clerk Frank Grange appointed Anderson a deputy in the county clerk's office. When the Republicans took control of city hall in January 1926 Mayor Herbert Males appointed William Nolte as his choice to replace Democrat-appointed Ira Wiltshire in the chief's position. After 3 months in the chief's office, Nolte suffered a nervous breakdown and took a voluntary demotion to detective. Anderson returned to the police department after an absence of 7 years as Mayor Males's choice to replace Nolte in the chief's position.

Anderson remained Chief of Police for 33 months. The City Council launched impeachment proceedings against Chief Anderson, License Inspector Benjamin Bartlett, and members of the Board of Public Safety in September 1928. In the 1928 county elections, he was elected county clerk. In late December 1928, Anderson submitted his resignation as chief. The text of Chief Anderson's letter of resignation read as follows:

"Honorable Herbert Males and Board of Safety. Having been elected Clerk of the Vanderburgh Circuit Court the past election and as this term of office begins January first, I hereby tender my resignation as superintendent of the police department to take effect January 1, 1929."

Chief of Detectives Edward Sutheimer was appointed to fill the chief's position for the remaining year of Mayor Males' administration

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.