Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a five shot Rossi 38 special. The serial is on the butt of the grip frame, it has 6 numbers, no letters. It has a 2 inch barrel with the words 38 special on one side and Amadeo Rossi S.A., Sao Leopoldo R.S. On the side that has 38 special it says "Made in Brazil - Garcia Sportingarms Wash. D.C." When I open the cylinder it has H 244 by the hinge. On the cylinder itself, in between chambers, it has the letter H. Here's a photo:

·
Registered
86 Posts
In my 27th Edition Blue Book, under Rossi it states Current trademark manufactured by Amadeo Rossi S.A., located in Sao Leopoldo, Brazil. Currently imported exclusively by BrazTech, International beginning late 1998, located in Miami, FL. Previously imported by Interarms, located in Alexandria, VA.

I looked under BrazTech, they are not in the book. I wasn't surprised because they are not gunmakers, only importers. I thought Interarms will yeild me more luck, as to thier location in Alexandria Virgina. Your gun said something as far as Washington D.C . Your D.C is only an importer also, and not in the book. Interarms is in the book, but they seem to have there own arsenal of fire arms. A couple of M1911A1s and an M1911 crusader pistol,an model 200 enforcer shotgun, Power plus revolver and a sharpshooter rifle. All the guns they listed appear to be low pricer. No mention of Rossi.Looks like a co. was formened from this crusader 1911 line and hooked in with High Standard in 2004 who make the AMT-Auto mag. I think your gun is pre or up until 1998. Reason as being, other Rossis started incorperating +P ammo use. and there are no models with the 244. Models they have in your caliber, and barrel are model 68, mod.88 SS,mod.R351 +P, rubber grips,mod971 rib barrel w/full shrod.

I wish i could have been more help with this. I would say write a letter, or find out if the Wash. D.C importer can help you.

Take care,Jack

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good for you Layman, no bother at all, i like to research these things. I find i usaully learn something. In this case some history of Rossi's. Forgive for the tease on that one. I was posting while i was traveling threw the Blue Book. I thought i was goig to get somewhere. Rossi's are good solid guns, like Taurus. they are priced less, and people tend to think of this as a disadvantage in workmanship. Same way some people take kindness as a weakness.

Now that you did the hard work for me, i see in the Blue book,

Model 68- .38 Spl. cal., 5 shot, 2 or 3 in. barrel, blue or nickel (3 in. barrel only), choice of wood or rubber grips with 2 in. barrel. Disc. 1998. Last MSR was $225,

Wow that was a long run from 68, i wonder if yours was one of the first models? I'll hold on to that bad boy, if it was mine. I guess i told you every model but that one. I really mean well, Happy Holidays and enjoy your new snub. Hint make a clock out of the targets outer black circle. Aim at 6 oclock, watch what happens. I love these snub's :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.