Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and looking to learn. I have shot handguns over the years. I was a member of a pistol club years ago. But been out of it for a while. I am looking to buy a .44 mag for whitetail and bear, I was interested in your opinions. I'm leaning really hard towards Ruger super red hawk. I have 2 ruger rifles. The taurus raging Bull kinda catches my eye also. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
606 Posts
re: opinion on ruger SRH .44 mag vs. Taurus raging bull .44m

Taurus has the reputation of having spotty quality control. If you get a good one (and there are probably far more good than bad), it's a good handgun. But if you get a bad one, it's BAD. my son bought a .357 about 10 years ago.... it spit lead from the cylinder gap on all 6 holes. A quick check with a range rod showed all 6 to be off by almost the same amount, and in the same direction. Ground and shimmed the dog, and that took care of it..... but you shouldn't have to do that. Last year, the "Gun Tests" rag had a Taurus that wouldn't fire... they had to send it back for repairs before they could shoot it. Upon return, it was a good revolver, but.....

Their service, though I only have second-hand knowledge, is supposedly pretty good.

If it were me, I'd buy the Ruger and never look back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts