Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all~

First-time poster, couple-of-months lurker. I request opinions about the Bersa brand of handguns. While I'm not new to guns in general, I am new to gun buying. Which means that I am new to having to decide, based on a number of factors, what to purchase. I was recently at a gunshow, and came across this brand. I haven't found very many comments about Bersas on this site, and am curious.

So, if you have/had/borrowed/shot/cleaned/etc a handgun from Bersa, let me hear your thoughts (good or bad, please) about them.

Thanks

·
Registered
606 Posts
Bersa is not absolute junk like Davis, Jennings, or the other super-cheap guns, but it certainly doesn't match the quality of a Beretta, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, etc.

As with so many other things in life, you get what you pay for. If you can afford a better gun, get one.... if your budget is tight, a Bersa is not a bad gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a Bersa 380 for over 10 years and it has been a great gun. It is all steel and to heavy for CC so went looking for a new one. Was still looking for a 380 as I have lots of ammo and my wife likes that cal. to shoot. Was going to spend up to $500.00.

Looked at the Sig, the Walther and the Ruger. Also looked at the new Bersa with the alloy receiver, and much lighter.

The Bersa felt much better in the hand then any of the other's and it had great fit and finish. It also had more safty features built into it then any of the others. I came home with the Bersa. Didn't hurt that it was on sale at GM ether.

The bersa is a very under rated gun. Get on the internet and see if you can find one bad review, I could not!! In the country they are made a 380 is the largest cal. you can buy so if you don't build a good gun your not going to sell them and the Bersa has been around a long time. They have a lot of new models out now in 9mm, 40 and 45 and they all have very good reviews.

If it fits you and you like it get one. It's funny how if the price of the Bersa was up there with the rest of them it would be a lot better gun!! Human nature is funny that way!!
Just the way it is
Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a .380 Bersa years back and I liked it, but this is before the firing pin safeties were standard. Mine didn't have one and cycling the slide left a little dimple in the primer. That was what made me ultimately sell it.

The current models with the firing pin block are great little guns that work and shoot nicely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I realize this thread is several months old. However, I wanted to offer my opinion. I am impressed with Bersa firearms. They feel well built and they do back their warranty.

Two years ago, I looked at the 380s by Bersa, Kahr, Ruger, Sig Sauer, and Taurus. A friend let me shoot his Bersa, Kahr, and Rugers (LCP and LCR). I chose and bought a new Bersa Thunder 380CC for a few reasons:

- the Bersa was easy to shoot, clean, and conceal carry
- the grip and weight felt nice (although the grip is small for my hand)
- it's compact, and has nice lines
- has a lifetime warranty

Did have an issue with a faulty magazine disconnect spring. Sent the gun (with a detailed letter and pics) to one of the authorized repairs centers (CGW). The gun was repaired, gunsmith (Royce) gave a detailed inspection due to my conceal carry concerns (emails and phone call back too), and had the gun back within one week.

Would I consider buying another Bersa? Yes! I recently looked the newer ones and at a used Bersa in .40 (I am considering buying it).

·
Registered
13 Posts
:D I have a Bersa Thunder .380 and I will trust it with my life anytime.
This gun functions well, is accurate and nice for carry. I keep Corbon Pwrball 70 Gr ammo in it for carry. Do not hesitate to buy a Bersa they are good guns.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a .380 Bersa years back and I liked it, but this is before the firing pin safeties were standard. Mine didn't have one and cycling the slide left a little dimple in the primer. That was what made me ultimately sell it.

The current models with the firing pin block are great little guns that work and shoot nicely.
If you have an old gun that you want to sell, just tell me I really want to buy second hand guns that still working great

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got several Bersa guns: Thunder 380 and twin .22, Ultra Pro, etc- Great guns for the money. The .22 is ammo picky like most other 22 autos. The 380 is a BLAST- accurate and fun to shoot. The Thunder series are old style- so heavy by today's standards, been passed by all the light poly frames in 380 and 9mm. The Pro series are also good shooters for the money. Conceal Carry is a Glock- small and I like it. Not they are not Smiths or Colts. But for the money- best deal around. 380 as a defense round- up close it will hurt ya...Have yet to find anyone to let me shoot them to test how weak it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts