Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Pistol World hunters! My first post is a question regarding what optics you are using on a .357 or any large caliber pistol.
After shotgunning for deer for a number of years, I started bow hunting for the challenge. Now, after acquiring a Taurus 608 about a year ago and logging in some serious range time, I'm ready to leave the slug gun in the closet this fall and hunt with the .357.
I tried a BSA Panoramic sight. It was fine as I was sighting it in with .38's. But two rounds of the new Hornady Leverevolutions
in .357 knocked it out of kilter. I had a competition shooter in the gun shop recommend a Tasco PDP3. He only shoots .38's though as he doesn't hunt. My goal is to be accurate out to 100 yards.
Surely, there is someone who has traveled this road before me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Put a Bushnell Trophy reddot on the .357 and fell in love with it.Sighted in, less than 10 minutes, 3 - 3 shot groups at 25 yds and I was moving to 50 yds. 3 more 3 shot groups for a little fine tuning, and I was ready to see what kind of accuracy it would have at 100 yds. Shooting off of a rest I was able to put six shots in a six inch circle with four of the shots in a 2 inch bullseye. I think I've found a combination I will be confident to take to the deer woods this fall. Thanks to the 140 or so forum members who helped me out with some fine recommendations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.