Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
If I were to USE a pancake holster, it would be the Don Hume holster. I personaly use an IWB holster from Blade-Tech.com for everyday concealment. Now if I am out in the woods hiking, then yes, I would use the Don Hume leather belt holster, just for comfort reasons. While hunting, I use a thigh holster. That is so I have room on my side for rifle movement, so that I dont bump the pistol with the rifle and make any unwanted noise to spook off whatever i'm hunting....

Here are a couple of websites to look at.

http://www.pistolgear.com/products.php?id=43

http://www.blade-tech.com/Holsters-c-253.html

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I really like the cheap, nylon Uncle Mikes pancake holsters. I've carried a medium sized auto, and K-frame Smiths in them and I like the way they hold the gun snug up against your body. Quite comfortable, too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just got a CrossBreedIWB. It's a hybrid leather/kydex holster. The kydex gives it great retention, but since there's a sheet of leather between your skin and the gun or kydex it's extrordinarily comfortable - like "forget you're wearing a gun" comfortable. The SuperTuck is adjustable for depth and cant, and conceals a full-size P226 under a loose overshirt or light jacket. It *almost* conceals under an untucked t-shirt.

·
Registered
97 Posts
BunnyMan,
WOW. Thanks for the Link to the CrossBreed IWB holster. That looks so much more comfortable than the Blade-Tech IWB that I currentley use and Love. I think I will buy one of the crossbreeds now. ok, its says 3 to 4 weeks and it will be here. Cant wait.
I love my IWB holster, just for the fact that hardly nothing shows, but for long durations it does seem to get a little cumbersome. I don't mind wearing for 8-10 hour shifts, but after that, (12-16 hrs.) I start to notice mine, but the crossbreed looks mighty Comfy.
Again, Thank you for the link.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, I really like the Blade-Tech holster. They are a High quality holster.
SafariLand also makes a very nice kydex holster. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.