Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Shaft here from shotgunworld.

I have a Para Ordnance P14-45. I've experienced this problem with it a few times when shooting. I can pull back the slide in order to cock the gun and load the first round. Every so often it will drop the hammer, but it never fires the round in the chamber. I can manually cock the hammer and then the gun fires normally. Anyone ever had this problem with a Para or any other 1911?

·
Registered
149 Posts
are you saying that after you rack the slide, the hammer follows the slide down?

or

are you saying that when you pull the trigger, after it has been racked with a round in the chamber, there is no boom?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I forgot what the culprit is in your sit, but i would take it into a 1911 smith, if you have a local one. or maybe send it back to PO.

i had purchased a used colt and it had the same problem, but did it everytime. luckly the shop i purchased it from was a 1911 guru and he fixed it quick and free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.