Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I just picked up the Glock 23 yesterday. I have only shot my friends Glock 23 once. I own a Kimber 1911 .45 and love it, but I’ll be starting the police academy here in a week and needed something that I can really put some rounds through it without being worried about getting stove pipes and such…

I just ordered the extended magazine release and couple of extra magazines. Is there really anything else I should look into doing to my new Glock 23?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Ps. I really like the site, a lot of good info and great support!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/ ... lock23.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had mine since the end of June and only have about 500 rounds through it. I love it and to this point have had not problems. I've been told by several people it's one of if not the best 40's out. I think you'll like it a lot. I couldn't find anybody to say a bad word about it.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
All you need to do is shoot it and clean it. Congrats on the new weapon and your decision. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on the Academy.

I shot a Beretta Vertec with TLR-1 in the Academy it was a great gun and .40 cal rounds are pretty affordable. They split up the single action gunners from the double action gunners in my Academy.

Now I shoot a Glock 21, dept issued. I've never shot a Kimber but the 21 is an awesome .45 and I am thoroughly convinced that Glock is an awesome gun regardless of caliber. I also own a 27 for off duty. Your gun doesn't need much. Consider what agencies your going to apply at and see what they've got on their guns. Generally night sights are a must and many agencies now issue a tactical light. The light requires practicing with but night sights (Trijicon and the like) don't change your shooting style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts