Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite "pocket pistol"?

Tell us about your experience(s) with guns such as the "Baby" Glocks (26, 27, 33), Beretta Nano, Ruger LCP, LC9, and LC380.

Pictures of your CCW and holsters are also welcome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glock 26 9mm. One of the best small pistol's out there for carrying purposes. Very accurate for it's size & very functional.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Glock 42 is a great pocket pistol; it’s small and comfortable. You also get a whopping 6 plus 1 rounds of .380. Is this the standard we use for carry? We trust 7 rounds of what’s generally considered the minimal self-defense round to save our lives? You can carry 6 rounds of .357 Magnum in a wheel gun and be relatively sure that someone on the receiving end is going to be put down.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My favorite pocket pistols are the Colt 1908 and the Savage 1910. I can't say why other than the Colt is such a cute looking gun that reminds me of the candy guns available when I was a kid.

The Savages are just neat. I prefer the pre-1917 models but they are all interesting. The H&R semi-autos would be another if they weren't so ugly.

For actual carry I like the Walther PPK except for the expense. My closest to a pocket pistol is my Kahr CW9. It is easier to shoot than the CW40 I had previous and is smaller than my all time favorite, a Springfield Ultra Carry.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
TheKryt1kal said:
What is your favorite "pocket pistol”? Tell us about your experience(s) with guns such as the "Baby" Glocks (26, 27, 33), Beretta Nano, Ruger LCP, LC9, and LC380. Pictures of your CCW and holsters are also welcome!
The term, ‘pocket pistol’ means, ‘small’ to me. My favorite (and, I think, genuine) pocket pistol is the Beretta Model 3032, ‘Tomcat’.

Why? Because it’s the one small pistol that feels right in my hand. The extra-wide backstrap allows me to, ‘transition down’ to it without any sense of loss in control between the full-size pistol I was shooting, and the pocket-size pistol that I intend to finish shooting with.

I don’t have any use for what’s often referred to as a, ‘belly pistol’. If I have to be standing right next to a target in order to hit it; or if I’m unable to effectively hit the mark from, say, 8 yards away then that’s NOT a pistol that I’d want to use - At least not for defending my life with!

This said, I don’t know, ‘How’ anyone can call a Glock Model 42 a, ‘pocket pistol’? The frigg ‘in thing is HUGE! On rare occasions (like weddings and funerals) I will carry a slender Walther PPK-S 380 Auto; but I do this in order for my sidearm to blend in with the tailored suit that I’ll be wearing, as well as because I don’t want all the, ‘touchy-feely’ relatives to discover that I’m armed.

I couldn’t do this with any of the so-called, ‘baby Glocks’. All of the Glocks are way too wide and, ‘blocky’ to conceal well. (I ought ‘a know: I ITB a Glock Model 21 around all day long! If I didn’t know how to, ‘dress around the gun’ and move skillfully while carrying I wouldn’t be able to go about as unnoticed as I do.

Pictures, huh! OK, here's a few:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts