Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Glocks, a 22 and a 27. They are both .40S&W.

Now a little story:
A couple of years ago I went looking for a semi auto and was hit with sticker shock when I looked at 1911s. A friend knew I was in the market for a handgun so, he offered me the Glock 27. I was skeptical because the only other Glock I had fired was a .45 version (I don't remember the model) and it was very difficult to control. Anyway, I took the 27 out and just fell in love with it. So much so, that I turned around and bought a model 22.

So here's my question; do y'all find the larger calibers to be more difficult to handle?

I have no difficulty with a 1911, but the Glock .45 was a bear.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
The larger calibers i.e. 45ACP and 10mm also have the larger grip. For someone who has med for small hands it is more difficult to grasp the pistol securely. This sometimes is the reason for poor control. I own both the mod 21 and 20 and they are a handful, literally. If you ever want to go to a larger caliber while staying with the Glock you might try the 21SF in 45ACP or any of the three, 37, 38, 39, chambered in 45GAP.
I hope this has somewhat answered your question.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Rev. That sort of answers it.

I have large hands so, big grips are actually better for me. The Glocks tend to have larger/fatter grips than other guns.

I can't explain it, but the .45 seemed to have a lot of muzzle flip to me. The .45 that I owned at the time, a S&W 4506, was much easier to control than my friends Glock. Maybe it's a weight issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts