Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i just reciently bought a walther ppk/s-1 in 380 auto. when i took it to the range for the first time i put about 50 rounds of PPU FMJ through it. out of those 50 rounds i had about 6 or 7 rounds that did not fire at all, and about 2 or 3 that only fired after 2 or 3 pulls of the trigger. my question is, what do you think is the possiable cause of this. crappy ammo, gun not "broken in" yet, or something else.

also i did notice that the mark from the firing pin on a spent casing was a little off center and not very deep compared to a spent casing i got from someone shooting some 9mm next to me. could that be part of the problem too. (by the way the firing cap on his rounds were silver (nickle maybe) and mine were brass, so that could be why the difference.
anyway let me know what you think
thankyou

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sounds like light firing pin strikes if you're not getting a good, deep firing pin impression in the primer every time. A good cleaning and light oiling of the internals would probably cure it.

The fact that the firing pin strike is slightly off-center on the primer is of no concern. Also of no concern is the difference between your primer material and that of the other shooter - some manufacturer's primers are very slightly harder or softer than those of other manufacturers, but the difference is not significant - you should be able to fire the hardest of primers with no problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts