·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing the following on:

9mm 124 grain Montana Gold CMJ $ 0.06 each in case lots
same for 115 grain

.45 ACP 230gr Montana Gold CMJ $ 0.105 in case lots

In my area it's up a little over 25% in the last 6 months. What are you guys seeing ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Prices are going thru the roof on everything. I don't remember a jump like this in a long time. Some of the rifle stuff I've been buying for $15 a box has jumped to $21 here locally. Pistol bullets seem to go up even faster unless you're buying bulk packs.

HWD

·
Registered
29 Posts
Prices are ridiculous here if you want anything other than cast lead bullets.

A box of 115gr FMJ 9mm slugs will run me about $16 for 100. I can go to wal-mart and buy 100 rounds of loaded ammunition (115gr FMJ) for $14.59 so it's rather a moot point for me.

When reloading shotgun I really enjoyed it and saved a considerable amount of money compared to shooting factory loads but for plinkng with a 9mm it's seriously not worth it to me cost wise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just cast my bullets.I have been a avid caster now for over 30 years.I have saved a ton of money over the years.
pete

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you shoot a weapon that can shoot cast slugs safely go for it. I shoot a Glock and the rifling in a Glock won't allow the use of cast bullets (or so they say).

·
Registered
5 Posts
no cast bullets in glocks unless you buy another barrel with cut rifling :( .it is the only reason I don't own one.they are great pistols and very accurate.
I shoot cast in all my pistols and rifles.this year I am hunting with my 45/70 and cast.a 350 gr lfngc.it is a thumper :D .
pete

45/70 bullet before lube and gas check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts