Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my COLT Gold Cup National Match Mark 4 Series 70 on Gunbroker (144111668) and I started it at $1300,the gun itself is in awesome shape but the box is a little rough,nobody's even asked about it, do you guys think I started too high? or should I just give it some time?

·
Registered
149 Posts
BB gives a value of approx 1400 for LNIB/NIB versions. i personally doubt you will get anyone to pay 1800 for a BIN. serious collectors will ask about the box and stuff. shooters wont. ive had people tell me the box (what was left of the box was the box w/o end flaps) was original to the gun. but w/o the end flaps, you cant proove it. yours isnt bad tho and everything is still there.

i would also add a pic of the slide stop area so that you can see there isnt any idiot mark on the frame.

if you didnt compare you gun against other like guns, i would do so. then you can see how your price fairs against others of like condition/type.

also, with the economy the way it is and the continual loss of jobs (no matter what people/executive/new/politicians say) some people will stay away for now or at least until they feel safe(r) to make a purchase.

its also getting close to XMAS and stuff so people are probably going to start scrimping to that.

if you need the $$$, then i would try selling it at a local store on consignment too. find out how much your store takes on consignment. you can always amend you add to say so and that it could be sold locally. If you want to trade/swap, you may want to look at that option too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
gunpowder joe said:
I seen the book was about $1400 thats why I started at $1300 no reserve. I seen another one on their starting at $1500 but the box is much better.
were there any bids on it?

One thing about the BB. it doesnt reflect current trends/whats hot and whats not. It also doesnet take into account people loosing their jobs/houses and such. alot of people think of the BB as a bible, but i use it as a "guide" and along with other resources and the web. some people thing the gun auction/selling sites have "over inflated" prices, but they are selling and you cant argure with it. If you can find it cheaper at so and so, then good for them, but what ive found that is that when it comes down to it, usually you cant do it again.

some of the gun auction/selling sites have searches for "past/done" auctions and you can also search there too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll put it this way... the last Series 70 that came through our shop was a shooter with lots or rounds through it but no holster wear. It sold for $850 or $900 without a box. Most shooters don't care about the box. Most collectors don't care about the Series 70... yet. They are just too new, and there were too many of them "put away". What makes the old guns with boxes valuable is the rarity.

In other words, I think you've got the price set far too high. The blue book is sometimes way too high (Colts and S&W in particular... I don't know where they come up with those prices), and too low on others (I'd take every Krieghoff shotgun I could get my hands on at the prices in the blue book, which are often 50% below real market prices).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.