Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the deal with riffle and pistol primmers? I have been reading alot lately and checking on differant equipment and supplies. I was at Gander Mountian this past monday and they have several boxes of shotshell primmers but no riffle or pistol primmers. I asked the guy in the gun dept. but he had no idea. Even on a couple web sites I checked all the primmers were out of stock and could not back order. Does anyone know what is up? Because if I can't get primmers there is no sense in purchasing any reload equipment.

·
Registered
160 Posts
All reloading supplies have been in short supply since the election of Mein Fuhrer, ah excuse me I meant The Chosen One oops I really meant The Messiah

·
Registered
159 Posts
All the ammo manufacturers are running 24/7 and still not keeping up with the demand created by the fear of Obama. All of the primers are being used to load ammo. None are being sold as components for reloaders. Even some of the smaller ammunition companies that don't make their own primers, like Cor-Bon, cannot get them. Until the demand drops and the ammo makers get caught up, we won't be seeing many primers.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Everyday, I check at least a half dozen online retailers for primers. Graf & Sons, Gamaliel, Natchez. . . etc. I am hoping to see some coming back to the market. I am noticing more loaded ammo coming back on the shelves. There is 9mm and some .45 ACP to be found .380 ACP is still scarce. One shop has that PowerBall ammo in .380, but they want $30 for a 20 round box. I caught the guy at Gander Mountain stocking the shelves and got a box of Blazer Brass in .380 ACP. I have been unable to practice with my P-3AT because I couldn't find any ammo at all. My point is, once the ammo comes back, we will start seeing primers come back. The manufacturers just need to catch up. But, as long as their are some people willing to pay the high prices for the low supply, retailers will have no reason to drop their prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts