Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mark III .22/45 and Single Six, both with adjustable rear sights. How do you change out the slight blades on the rear sights? I got a "V" blade from Ruger but they didn't send any instructions on how you change them out. It looks like you unscrew the adjustment screw and slide it out the side or pull it out the top once the notch is lined up with the notch on the sight base. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I got the rear sight changed out. Pretty simple too. Unscrew the windage adjustment screw, slide the blade to the right until it lines up with the groove and pull it up and out. Use a small blade (eyeglass type flat blade) screwdriver to hold the spring to the left and insert the new blade. Once it's in, (it may take several trys) screw the windage adjustment screw back into place. I lined it up in the same spot the old blade was in. Once I get out to shoot it I'll make any fine adjustments that need to be made. The "V" or "Y" blade (whatever you want to call it) has a white line in the center to help line up the front sight. It really makes a difference and gives your eye something to lock onto.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts