Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. 20 Year old from MD here. I don't yet own a pistol, as I must be 21 to buy one, but I own a few rifles and a couple shotguns. Pistols are my first love though. (6 more months to go!)

Anyway, on most issues I vote democrat. The one issue (other than taxes) that I think the democrats have wrong every single time, is gun control. I'm a member of the NRA and it makes me sick that the dems are so anti-gun.

My question is this: If, god forbid, one day the government banned handguns, what are the chances of them actually making you give them up? Or are they more likely to simply let you keep yours if you have one, but ban the sale of new ones?
It truly scares me. Maybe they would even do this for long guns.

So, am I better off to buy more handguns than I normally would, with the idea that if they banned them, they would be worth more, and I would be safe? Or would it be stupid because if they banned them they would go door to door and make you give them up?

I realize this is a loaded question, but I was just curious as to what you more experienced guys/gals think is more likely.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
All I can say is do some reserch into Australia's gun laws. That is what COULD happen.

·
Registered
187 Posts
As much as they would like to, house to house confiscation would be a nightmare for the dems. I would hope that most LEO would balk at the idea. Obama's Civilian Defense Corp would probably jump at the chance to ransack the "haves" to take guns and other valuables.

Expect a stricter version of Clinton's AWB at a minimum. Probably see some action to do away with CCW.

Exorbitant taxes on ammo.

Storage requirements.

Registration (with outrageous fees).

Mandatory safety test ( fees again).

Taxes on "arsenals" with X number of guns or rounds of ammo.

Basically, Obama and the dems will try to raise the price of the 2A out of the reach of most.

Forget selling any guns after the ban. Obama's AWB will prohibit the transfer of banned guns. You won't even be able to bequeath them to heirs. When you die, they are destroyed.

Anybody that doubts me, do some research. Obama has supported measures such as these in the past.

·
Registered
240 Posts
With out question purchasing a hand gun in the US will become far more diffiult as will purchasing ammo. Bottom line is simple it will be hard to buy a pistol as an honest american but will push up the price for those less than honest so the the honest will not be able to buy a hand gun with out great issues and expense and the local crack head will have to pay a little more. As for regeristered pistols they won't come for them but expect that that you might have to requalify for property you already own or be asked to surrender your firearm. If you don't it will be like getting a ticket and if you get puled over there will be an open warrent to either surrender or be jailed. It's goiung to take some time but with the new leadership expect a lot of change in the next few years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
re:

Are you tired of the democrats being anti-firearm. The best way to solve that is to not vote for them. Write them, tell them you won't vote for them, get other people to do the same. When politicians spend time out of power, they change. After they were out of power for 12 years because of gun control, they started to run a feq pro-gun candidates, but only a few, and would not take firearm control out of their platform. If enough people decided it was worth it to them, they would have to change this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.