Pistol World Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does this gun compare to the Ruger .454 and the rest of the pistols out there that are chambered in the now popular .454?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Woody 72 said:
How does this gun compare to the Ruger .454 and the rest of the pistols out there that are chambered in the now popular .454?
I suppose about the same as the given brands in any of the other chamberings, Ruger's are STRONG, and accurate but generally not as clean
in the trigger department a Smith etc.

Curious, why the .454 ? is this a" my tinky is bigger than yours and or" periodically haul the Monster out of the sock drawer to show off to the other kids deal ?
In that case why not get a TC Contender in 375 H&H (retinal detachment Special) Mag. ;-)

All kidding aside, why not a more reasonable / practical caliber ?

I've seen so many folks spend $$$$ for highly impractical
firearms like when Shiloh Sharps were still very reasonable
all sorts of guys got them in .50- 140, then almost immediately (and very quietly)sell them taking a serious bath in the process.

Kind Regards J.T. Hut

·
Registered
2 Posts
J T. Hut said:
Woody 72 said:
I suppose about the same as the given brands in any of the other chamberings, Ruger's are STRONG, and accurate but generally not as clean
in the trigger department a Smith etc.

Curious, why the .454 ? is this a" my tinky is bigger than yours and or" periodically haul the Monster out of the sock drawer to show off to the other kids deal ?
In that case why not get a TC Contender in 375 H&H (retinal detachment Special) Mag. ;-)
All kidding aside, why not a more reasonable / practical caliber ?

I've seen so many folks spend $$$$ for highly impractical
firearms like when Shiloh Sharps were still very reasonable
all sorts of guys got them in .50- 140, then almost immediately (and very quietly)sell them taking a serious bath in the process.

Kind Regards J.T. Hut
I have seen people use them for boar hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts