Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been loading shotgun ammo for skeet competition for a bunch of years. Just treated myself to a Springfield XDm in 9mm and will start loading very soon. Just ordered a Lyman loading book for metalics as I have always had the shot shell book around and found it to be a great resource. If I add one or two more books what should be in my library? :idea: :?: Ric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since you will need to shoot non-cast bullets (if you follow factory recommendations) then you will be using Hornady, Speer, Barnes, Remington, Sierra, Winchester, etc...... jacketed bullets. Therefore I would choose one of the bullet manufacturers reloading manuals to get the best recipe for your load. You can also get Handloaders Digest from Borders Book Store or some of the other big box book stores and get some good information. You can never get enough information in my opinion. I just counted the books on my shelf for reloading and I have 31. You'd think I would be smarter but I'm always finding new information to learn. Good luck.

Mike

·
Registered
149 Posts
I usually try to get my hands on all of them. not just a few. even last years issues would be of some value/use too.

but, if you can, look at Lee's book. it covers alot of CF pistol, both lead and jacketed.

If youre going to shoot a particular brand of bullet, i would see if they have any info. the only other choice would be powder mfg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.