Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is official as of the 24th at 1500 hrs. I sold the range and the holster business that I built over the past 22 years and will let someone else have control.
It has been the best and most fun years of my adult life and as a result I was able to meet the last of the most honest and good people left in the USA, the (legal gunowners) who visited my range every day.
Thank you to gunowners everywhere who support their cause and the small, gunshop owners around the country.
If I leave a legacy it is because so many wonderful people who love their firearms and who are so passionate about keeping them at any and all costs chose over those many years to shop, shoot and buy from my little range and retail store.
These same wonderful people came to me to shop when they could buy cheaper at the big box store just a few blocks away. It allowed to remain in business and to pay the rent and the salaries of my 24 employees.
I will be grateful to each and every one forever and to those of you who have allowed me to post some ideas and opinions here on occasion and without calling me out.
For the first time since 53 I have no job and it feels good already. Now maybe I can spend more time here watching and listening and once in a while posting more opinions. They are cheap,
Happy New Year to ALL and thank you each and every one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Happy New Year UF ... Congratulations on the retirement. Enjoy it, I'm sure you've earned it!

·
Registered
240 Posts
UF,
Congrats and much respect to you.
So what are you going to do with all your free time, besides posting here?
I expect when selling your business you wrangled a lifetime membership so you can shoot when you want at your range.

Whats next Uncle? You know idle hands......what are you going to do with your time?

Wish you the best in life,
Will

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind words to all here and to those who have called an or written via PMs and e mails.
Funny you should mention "idle hands".
What does one do when all he has ever known is work and then suddenly without.
Stay tuned my friends, I promise you will be the first to learn if and when I get it started.

But beyond that and more importantly is the here and now and I want you guys to know how much I appreciate and look to your wisdom and guidance over many years.
This is a great place in spite of the spammers and a wonderful, giving, caring bunch who give countless time and share priceless experience with all who seek.
As my grandad used to say, and I only heard him use the phrase once in my life, to each and every one of you, "you are all wool, and a yard wide".
Thanks again and always.

UncleFudd

·
Registered
240 Posts
UncleFudd said:
Thanks for the kind words to all here and to those who have called an or written via PMs and e mails.
Funny you should mention "idle hands".
What does one do when all he has ever known is work and then suddenly without.
Stay tuned my friends, I promise you will be the first to learn if and when I get it started.

But beyond that and more importantly is the here and now and I want you guys to know how much I appreciate and look to your wisdom and guidance over many years.
This is a great place in spite of the spammers and a wonderful, giving, caring bunch who give countless time and share priceless experience with all who seek.
As my grandad used to say, and I only heard him use the phrase once in my life, to each and every one of you, "you are all wool, and a yard wide".
Thanks again and always.

UncleFudd

Not funny at all I have had idel hands and can say nothing good came from them. It was fun for awhile but in time needed to do something. All I know about wool is it keeps me warm, dries quick and does't strech/span.

Wish the best in life for you Uncle. I think of you more of a brother than an Uncle. Just saying!!

Will

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.