Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to dryfire a .22 revolver?

It's a 30 year old+ H&R .22 DA revolver (generic, in other words)
I've been doing it LONG before I ever shot a pistol. It was my father's; I got it when he died.

Nevertheless. Is it safe? Is it okay on the revolver?

I've been practicing my quick draw and the like (spinning it, for years. Just for kicks.
(and, yes, I know to check before dryfiring.)

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you'd me like to explain how I "own" a .22 revolver, I technically dont. Since my father passed away (this is also why I, a sixteen year old, has been allowed to handle and obssess over firearms.), my mother now legally owns these firearms.

I know there are laws (in the state where I live) about placement of firearms where minors may reach them, but since this is a knowledgeful allowance by my mother, I really don't see it as a problem.

So, though they are not legally mine, I strongly feel that they are. or at least will be.

anyways. Thank you for telling me about that, you've all been very informative. Do you think it's safer to dryfire on spent brass?

and... what do you mean by maser?

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I AM mature.
I've handled high stress like that eons ago- handled the- I've-had-a-bad-day-and-i'mma-shoot-ya sort of situation. My father has educated me well.
I have a strong walk with the lord, my friend.

I trust myself with guns. You may not. My uncle once thought similiarily - until he saw that I was controlled and level headed when handling, near, or around guns.

My self-assertions likely have little credence amongst you- but give me a chance! Maybe if you got to know me, you'd see like he saw.

And, after all, there is a reason why my mother would allow me to handle them freely and without her supervision. She trusts me.

But sir, I thank you for your concern. (my avatar is from the anime series Ruroni Kenshin. The picture is of Kenshin, who is another level-headed sort of guy. Ironic that you'd refer to that as a symbol of emotional instability.)

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Snap caps. Gotcha.

I do not feel such precautions are necessary- but then you do. I won't force you to like me. Or respect me. Or trust me.

I also have another question.

Is it possible to get trigger work on my revolver? The draw isn't too bad, but the weight is too heavy and it's been messing with my placement. Tell me if you need a picture.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Agreed, but then there is a certain amout of reality in that hollywood nonsense. Besides, what's so bad about working on a quick-draw? That's a sort of thing I'd find in handy if I were carrying and had to "present arms".

And sometimes what i do (although it skews the balance) is completely remove the cylinder. Then I know that there's no chance of misfire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.