Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
944 Posts
I wouldn't recommend dry firing a rimfire gun. The hammer is likely hitting the frame since there is no brass between them. This can damage the hammer/firing pin thing in some instances. I forget what its actually called in a rimfire. It depends on the design but in most cases it is a bad idea. Many centerfire guns can be dry fired with less or no effect.

I won't get into the legal implications of you owning guns at your age.

maser?

· Registered
944 Posts
I don't have sources to cite but I do have first hand experience. Before I turned 21 but after I was 18 I was legally allowed to purchase handguns from private sellers. FFL dealers are restricted from transfering or selling to anyone in this category. This restriction comes from the federal level. The state would not even issue me a purchase permit before I was 18.

· Registered
944 Posts
It may be possible but I don't know about the less common revolvers like yours. A spring could probably be replaced with a lighter one but I don't know about availability or even the mechanics of the gun. Ask a gunsmith if you can. You will also probably have to have your mother take the gun for the trigger job. Keep that in mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.