Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to shooting so pls excuse my ignorance. I am looking for a recreational 22 rim fire pistol for target shooting. I have read good things about Ruger and Browning. I know that the Ruger 22/45 is set up like the 1911 but other than that are there any differences and/or what are the pros and cons between the Ruger 22 and Ruger 22/45?

Thx,

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mastiff16 said:
I am new to shooting so pls excuse my ignorance. I am looking for a recreational 22 rim fire pistol for target shooting. I have read good things about Ruger and Browning. I know that the Ruger 22/45 is set up like the 1911 but other than that are there any differences and/or what are the pros and cons between the Ruger 22 and Ruger 22/45?

Thx,

Bill
After additional research I ended up buying a used Buck
Mark 22 slab side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Browning Buckmark slab side is an excellent choice, very dependable, and are very nice shooting pistols.

I am partial to Ruger and have two 22/45s. One with standard bull barrel and one with slab side bull barrel with replaceable wooden type grips. The major difference between the Mark III and the 22/45 is metal vs composite grip frame. IMO both are great pistols.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.