Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I have been asleep at the wheel. I used to know about every new gun or cartridge that was set to come out. Now all I do is work and I don't get out much.

So I was poking around on the internet and I saw this little gem.
http://www.ruger.com/LCP/360View.html
It looks to be about the size of my prized Keltec P3AT, but with the Ruger name on it. No disrespect to Keltec, but I never have been to enthused about their build quality, Rugers are built like tanks. Very intriguing.

And then I saw something about a .327 Federal Magnum cartridge. Whats the deal? Hotter than a .32 H&R? I'm going to look it up. The .32 H&R Mag. hasn't been very successful lately, there is hardly any factory ammo available for it. I'm really surprised that anybody still chambers a new revolver in it.

Here is what I found:
http://www.federalpremium.com/default.asp?s1=4&s2=6&id=171&brand=5&year=2007

Interesting, it is what I initially thought, a hot rodded .32 H&R Magnum. But it can also chamber .32 H&R and .32 S&W. I'll probably stick with my .357 J frame Smith. Although I have always wanted a 4" SP101 in .32 H&R Mag. for no good reason. They still make it, so I can get one. I ran into a guy selling one a while back when I didn't have the money. It was virtually brand new. He was selling it because he couldn't find ammo for it. I don't see a bright future for the .327 Federal Magnum, but I do like that little .380 for a pocket gun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds silly, but that flash video of the LCP rotating made me want to duck each time the business end of the gun pointed at me! :D

Nice little .380.

Glass-filled nylon frame? I trust Ruger so I know it works well, but is anyone else using that material?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, the thought behind the .327 was that you could fit 6 rounds into an SP101 versus 5 of .357. Also the recoil would be more tolerable for ladies/small shooters. Not bad. Not anything I'm interested in...
As for the .380 that seems to be one of the types of weapons Bill Ruger was opposed to (along with hi-cap AR types). I guess that was all they needed to cover all the pistol markets. Maybe now they will get to work on some pump and auto shotguns. Talk about built like tanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts