Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
How does it shot? I've read good things about it, but you know how magazine articles can be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, here's a few things I'd like to know. How much is the pistola? How does it handle in terms of recoil and shootability for different size hands? How well does it conceal?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
While 380 auto is not my first choice for a self defense cartridge, the Ruger lcp is a near ideal drop-it-in-a-pocket-and-forget-about-it pistol. I liked it well enough I just got a second one. Prices on both under $300. I have small hands, but even for me the bottom finger does not grip. I figured this might be a problem, as the gun is so light I was a tad worried about recoil even in the 380. No sweat. Easy to control. Will never win any awards for target trigger of the year, but the guns shoot surprisingly well. I was able to put two magazines full in about a 4" circle at 10 yards, even with the eentsy sights, which are surpisingly useful even as small as they are. And I don't shoot as well as I did a few decades ago, but the groups were not tremendously larger than those of my Kimbers or SIGs at that range when shooting fast.

If the little cutout below the manual hold-open latch was just a bit larger to make it easier to engage the hold-open, I'd say Ruger had a near-perfect pocket pistol design.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have recently purchased the ruger lcp....i have only put about 50 rounds through it since it is hard to find ammo right now....but my question is, is there anyone with this gun that has had trouble getting the bullet to load? it seems to be catching on the feed ramp....i have been shooting winchesters and i know someone is going to say try other brands but i cant do that i am having a hard enough time finding any brand of ammo much less what brand it is.....any help would be nice...thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
The magazine articles are pretty much right on. Small, lightweight, accurate. It's not an offensive handgun, not that handguns should be an offensive weapon choice.

It's a good, lighweight summer shorts, going for a run, back up kinda carry gun. Operates well with unlined leather gloves, no problems with the slide pinching or grabbing the gloves. In about 1000 rounds the only issues I've had aresome minor feed problems right out of the box which was cured by a little oil on the slide rails.

It's a good, close range defensive choice if you're going with a compact and lightweight option in the .380 caliber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts