Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New the the forum, a lot of great topics that will keep me up for hours!!

I have a couple of quick questions, could anyboby advise?

I have an opportunity to buy a Ruger M II Competition with red dot scop with less than 500 rounds through it. It's about 10 years old It in absultely mint condition and comes with extra grips.

First is it a good shooting gun?

What is it worth?

Would it be a good gun for a 13 year old to shoot?(of course with adult supervision)

I can pick it up for $200.. My buddy is out of work and is consolidating everything. Will I be happy with the gun?

Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones.

IMHO the gun you described is worth the price and then some. But as with most guns it is only worth it if you have a use for it and will actually put it to use.

This gun, used, with the dot scope is probably in the $250 to $450 range. I don't have my blue book here but it will not exceed those numbers I am quite certain.

It may weigh a little more than usual with the scope and mounts and depending upon the physical stature of your 13 yr old may or may not have any effect on his ability to handle the gun for plinking and or target shooting.
I suspect if you spend a lot of time with it he will become very good/accurate over time regardless.

It may also depend upon how concise is the dot and to the ability to regulate its size. Some are very clear and could be adjusted very well to pinpoint up to approx 1/8 dots. If it is a clear and concise dot it should prove to be very acccurate as soon as you become used to it.

You will not be hurt by buying that combination at that price and should you find you don't like it for some reason will have no trouble getting your investment back perhaps with some added incentuve.

Take care and enjoy your shooting. Special congrats for including your youngster in these activities. Sorry to hear about your friends misfortune, life can suck.
Then again, realizing he is in some troublr you may buy it with the understanding he could have it back when his fortunes turn about???

UF

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Uncle Fudd, I do appreciate your comments. I am going to pick the gun up this weekend. I figure I can't go wrong and it may One day end up back with my buddy.

I just need to figure out how to lose the extra five pounds that I just put on on eating at the family Thanksgiving!!

I hope you had a great Holiday as well..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.