Pistol World Forums banner

Which is more popular Ruger Mark III KMKIII678H (6 7/8 Barrel) or KMKIII512H (5 1/2 Barrel)?

• Ruger Mark III KMKIII678H (6 7/8 Barrel)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruger Mark III KMKIII512H (5 1/2 Barrel)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in finding out which Mark III Hunter Barrel length is more popular. 6 7/8 or 5 1/2? I am in the market for a new Ruger Mark III Hunter and have handled both. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bigger is always better, right?? My Mark III .22/45 Target Model has a 5 1/2 inch barrel so I would gravitate towards the 6 7/8 for a second gun.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The shorter barrel carries a little easier - the longer barrel, with its longer sight radius, is a tad better for pinpoint accuracy.

If you're going to put on a scope or red dot, it doesn't matter which one you get. The optics make either one a pain to pack, and the longer sight radius advantage no longer exists.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I say... KMKIII512H!!! I just bought it, I handled both... the 6 7/8 while it's a beauty also... I went with the KMKIII512H 5 1/2 inch, this one seems more practical as far as handling, more balanced, better looking, middle of the road for size in the MKIII, and will accomodate a Reddot very nicely.

Ordered mine yesterday, get it tomorrow... can't wait to target shoot with it at an economical cost compared to my .38, .357 mag, .45 acp's.... I don't reload, darn is it costly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts