Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Ruger Mark II pistol in stainless steel. It has the tapered barrel. I was wondering if it is possible to get a stainless bull barrel in either the original length (5.5" I think) or a little longer one that would fit, and how much trouble would it be to put it on? I have little knowledge of guns, and am terrible with tools (I am the kind of guy who coould mess up an anvil) :oops: , so I would need it done by a gunsmith. But I was wondering if it was even possible. Thanks.............Bill

·
Registered
149 Posts
anythings possible.

there are a couple things you need to understand.

1. Guns arent cheap.
2. accessories arent either.
3. the upper (part with the s/n) is considered the gun. guess what. you just cant put another top on your gun w/o more or less "buying" the upper that has a s/n on it.

i dont know of any mfg that makes an SS upper. you can google or wait for someone to chime in. there are mfg that make aluminim uppers of various colors and lengths, but no SS.

If there arent any SS mfg, then youre more or less stuck buying what you want. IE a complete gun. If you dont like your guns configuration, then put some thought into what you want so you dont have to do it again. If you can afford to buy 2 more complete pisols, then its moot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, Thanks, I just noticed that some manufactures sell pistols with long and short barrels included, so I didn't know if they sold the barrels separately. Thank you for the input........Bill

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Again, an older thread; but somebody might like to know! Here's another very good Ruger, 'Mark Series' pistol shop to talk to:

https://www.volquartsen.com/

I've seen a many of their modified Ruger 22's in all different shapes and sizes. Their Ruger products and work are always perfect!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.