Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a Vaquero 44-40. Fun gun for plinking.

The semi-auto pistols are also nice...tough as nails. They won't win a beauty contest but are a great sidearm while walking the ranch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife LOVES the GP-100 but she also wants a Crimson Trace Laser grip for her pistol, unfortunately CT only make a grip for the SP-101.

With a little more encouragement, I may persuade her in to a GP-100.

RTFM

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yepper ! Luv them Rugers !
I have a dark grey stainless sp101 snubby .357 with a set of crimson trace grips. 8)
1 dark grey stainless 4" barrel GP-100 .357 which I am putting on a set of Williams firesights. 8)
1 -- 3 screw Super Blackhawk with a 7 or 8 inch barrel .44 mag. (extremely smooth action and accurate) blued 8)
1- 1951 MFG. Standard .22 8)
1- 22/45 short barrel .22 which is more accurate that I can shoot. 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The match director at a local pistol fun shoot purchased a 9mm Ruger to shoot in that competition. It came with a terrible trigger, even when shot single-action. However, he sent it back to Ruger with a detailed explanation of what was wrong (excessive take up and trigger pull weight) and it came back outstanding, better than any new factory SigSauer I have tried.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have a Super Redhawk in 454 Casull that I like quite a bit. I have an old model 45 Colt Vaquero on lay away that should come home in time for Thanksgiving. The other revolvers I am only passingly familiar with though a buddy had one of the first GP 100 and I thought it a good gun. I don't care much for the .22 LR autos, the grips are either an odd angle witht he standard or too thin with the 22/45. The centerfire autos are too large for my taste, if they would come out with a mid size I might bite.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uglydog said:
I have a Super Redhawk in 454 Casull that I like quite a bit. I have an old model 45 Colt Vaquero on lay away that should come home in time for Thanksgiving. The other revolvers I am only passingly familiar with though a buddy had one of the first GP 100 and I thought it a good gun. I don't care much for the .22 LR autos, the grips are either an odd angle witht he standard or too thin with the 22/45. The centerfire autos are too large for my taste, if they would come out with a mid size I might bite.
UD-

Would this make you bite? I think they slimmed down the p-series with this line: http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdVie ... 5&return=Y

I've not held one, as opposed to my P90, to know for sure.

txva

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have 3 vaquaro's and 2 blackhawks,they can handle even the stoutest loads and don't shoot loose,I have another colt look a like,berretta spampede in 45lc and I have better balance with it but I have to make sure I don't mix up the loads cause the berretta can't take what the rugers can.Great guns.Drop-Shot

·
Registered
110 Posts
:D Oh, YES! Three P-85's, incl. the one my stepson used for bunker sightseeing in Gulf War I.
5" GP-100.
Blackhawk w/2 cyls...45 ACP and Long Colt. Just wish it had a 7" bbl.
.22 Mark II (pair of those).
Sturdy weapons and not overpriced.
///olde :) 8) :) pharte///

·
Registered
944 Posts
My ruger mk II is great fun for plinking and I got an incredible deal on it too. Eventually I may get a sp101 with the 3inch barrel for CCW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a blackhawk in layaway for Santa to bring me. It is the .357 with the extra cylinder to shoot 9mm. This will be the first Ruger I've ever owned.

·
Registered
86 Posts
sirgunsalot said:
I have a blackhawk in layaway for Santa to bring me. It is the .357 with the extra cylinder to shoot 9mm. This will be the first Ruger I've ever owned.
You'll love it, I had a .357 blackhawk, and it was a fun gun to shoot!!
Scott :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
You wont be dissapointed sirgunsalot. My brother has a Blackhawk in 45lc and it is a blast to shoot.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i got a security six with a 4" barrel which is so fun to shoot and i can shoot it jus as accurate as i could if it had a 12" barrel

for awhile i owned a super blackhawk in .44 mag but when my big brother moved away he took that and also his .500 magnum which almost made me cry :cry:

i have an older cousin who has a redhawk in .44 mag and my eyes are kind of on it so im guessing i might get that by xmas time :wink:

·
Registered
152 Posts
hey 1100 welcome to the site and hopfully we will get as many members as shotgun world someday :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey all, saw the link on SGW. My first post.

I have a P95PR. Wonderful pistol. So far I've put 700 rounds through it with nary a stoppage. The Houge Handall really makes it comfy if you have big meaty paws like me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
great pic :D lol is it just me or does this pic look like a pic u would see on the front of a shooting magazine? i think its the way he has the ammo all loosly sitting next to the gun that makes it look like that

1 - 20 of 39 Posts