Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is $360 real high for a fixed site Single Six with .22lr and .22mag cylinders in NIB condition? I want this gun but I see so many blued versions under $300 available I can't believe the stainless model would bring that much more money.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Stainless usually runs $50 to $75 more than blued.

It requires an extra hard look when you buy one, since a lot of use doesn't show up as well as it does on a blued gun - as a result, they tend to appear less used than they really are.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think I lucked out maybe on my Single six convertable. It is a new stainless model for $329. Purchased at a "Legal Gun Show" what other kind is there around here? The dealer said he had it too long and wanted his money out of it.
I put a Hogue Mono Grip on it and changed the feel all together. Its is the 6 1/2 in barrell. Not sure about the grips yet as I have only shot about 150 rds with it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You probably did luck out on yours. The stainless guns seem to bring about $30-$60 more than the blued ones.

I had a buyer lined up for my SP101 but the sale fell through. I'll have to wait to buy one now. :(

·
Registered
640 Posts
I just priced out a couple of used Single Sixes and feel that price is rather high for this neck of the woods, in fact that is what the blued models with adjustable sights are going for new at the Gander Mountains in the Minneapolis/St Paul area. The stainless are $400 new with adjustable sights. I almost bought a blued, adjustable sight model for $250 in like new condition but fortunately didn't. I checked a different GM on the way home and found this gun in stainless for $255 which I bought. The Magnum cylinder was still in its wrapper and the LR cylinder looked like it had maybe a box fired through it before it got a real thorough cleaning. The only signs of firing I could find (it was a recent trade and hadn't even been looked over by the gunsmith) was a little debris on the top strap between it and the forcing cone where the previous owner missed. This $250 range seems common for the blued models with the stainless being in the $300 range most times. I lucked into having the gun manager being at the counter and him coming over to shoot the bull when he recognized me. I mentioned I was looking for a .22 revolver and he went into the shop and brought out the above stainless gun. What the previous owner got for trade on it was $178 as that was on the guns ID ticket along with the sell for price. I wish I could have found the owner first, he would have been at least $22 richer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.