Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, interesting forum you guys have here. My first "wheel gun" is a Ruger SP101 that belonged to a good friend...and this revolver is one I'd fired many times,and finally bought it. It's a 3"1/16th barrel run of the mill SP101. Now, my question is this. Even before I purchased it, I'd noticed the cylinder doesn't spin freely after firing. My good friend has a Taurus Tracker with about 385+ - rounds through it, spins like a tire on a balancing machine. Dead smooth. Dad's Colt Python,same thing. Cadillac smooth and long spin time. The 101 fires great.....and has been fully ripped apart, cleaned and re-oiled and carefully put back together. About 35-40 S+B LRN .38's went through it and the cylinder started slowing down as I tested it for spinning ability after some shots went through it. Is this a common issue..or even anything to worry about or do I have a problem somewhere with this gun? I REALLY don't think you should have to take the revolver apart after every range session?! Typical cleaning for a revolver is generally patching the barrel(brushing) and lightly oiling here n there.

Any ideas? Feedback? Is there a specific Ruger forum?

Thanks in advance. Otherwise I love this gun!

Jay

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if you ever found the problem. I just got my new sp101, .327 two days ago and was told by Ruger that there is a known cylinder problem, and that I should send it to the factory.
What have you done?

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts