Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not own a handgun and will soon be purchasing one of these pistols. I have read every thing there is to read and held both of them in a shop. I like each of them and cannot come to a decision. I would like to hear opinions from real shooters and owners. Thanks.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If for no other reason than for reliable Customer Service, go Ruger.

Taurus has a Lifetime Warranty. That means you can send it back to them (at $20 to $25 a trip) over and over and over, until finally they might get the problem resolved. Might not. I've had too much trouble with Taurus to ever buy one again.

But if you want a good handgun that you probably will not have to send back for any problems, again go Ruger. The SR9 is a new gun, however. They are supposed to have the bugs out of it, but of course, that can take a little time. I would still rather have it than any Taurus.

Personally, I'd go Glock, but that wasn't one of your options.

Get the Ruger, and don't turn back.

Check out this thread. It was on another forum, and the question was about revolvers, but you'll get the idea:

www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,113933.0.html

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
While I have heard some good things about the PT 24/7, I will agree with Roadkill. The Ruger customer service is great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the customer care. Like i said before this will be my first hand gun and customer care is a must should something go wrong. Glock sure,kimber,Sig,S&W,H&K would all be great choices but i am looking for an entry level pistol at an affordable price.
$350-$450 9mm high capacity 15+ rounds or more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Get the Ruger. Their reliability and customer service is the best. The only negatives I've ever heard about Ruger pistols is that they are bulky. The new striker fire SR9 has changed that. I have a Glock model 22 and I plan to get the SR9. My only hold up is that I suspect they will be coming out with a compact version more suitable for CCW.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm waiting for the SR40.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really like my SR9.... It is a little big for a carry weapon for me , and for concealed I like just a revolver better. But the SR9 is a great shooter. I had to get used to the trigger pull, but after a couple hundred rounds I am comfortable with it. I can keep a tight pattern at 25 -30 feet . Never owned a Tarus but have heard and read mixed opinions on them, so I'm definitely on the "get the Ruger " side.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My friend has the PT 24/7 and he loved it enough to buy a pt 140 pro when I bought my pt 145 pro after shooting his 24/7. Taurus makes a good gun at an affordable price.

Haven't had a chance to deal with either company's customer service...thank goodness

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ruger makes great firearms. Period. But I have to agree with Roadkill Bill. I am waiting for the .40 cal version of the SR.

·
Registered
297 Posts
MSgunaddict;

I'm always glad to hear when someone is happy with their Taurus. Quality control seems to come and go. I had to send mine back three times before they finally fixed it. ($75 in shipping charges.) My problems showed up pretty quick, so if you've had yours a while and are not having any problems, you probably won't have any. I just don't trust 'em anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts