Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have looked at the 500's they are awsome. I have thought of getting one but just haven't. I keep looking hoping to pick one up used. Like the post above you may want to join the rest of us and get into the reloading game. I enjoy reloading as much as shooting. I reload everything I shoot, except 22's. You can taylor your loads to what ever you want to shoot, from lite to maximum load. I show a man shoot his 44 mag one day and the loads were so hot he lost the gun twice, it just jumped completely out of his hands. He couldn't hold on to it, could hit the target either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I shot one of those at an outdoor writers conference when they first came out. Gives new meaning to the word "cannon." All I can remember is the ringing in my ears and the pain in my body, and I was holding the good end. That thing was loud even with ear protection. But it was a blast to shoot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Reloading is the only option for insanely expensive calibers like the S&W .500. Hornady has about the best deal going on brass, and Sierra has the 400 Grain Soft Points which aren't too bad price wise. When I got into the .500 I purchased 500 pieces of brass and promptly loaded them up. There is no way I could have come close to purchasing that much factory ammo. Hornady wants $56.00 for 20 rounds. Cor-Bon wants even more than that. Bill T.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.