PistolWorld.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone shot the newer model 60 .357 with the 5" barrel?

Its the smaller j frame and wondering how the recoil is with the 5" barrel.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its not as bad as you would think. Unfortunatly I can't see too much practicality in the gun, too big to carry, too small for target. Its a good range gun since it is fun to shoot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking as a backup gun with a cross draw holster when hunting. I dont care for the 44 level of gun as a backup, and this gives the 357 more velocity than the short barrels. Plus a 2 inch barrel kicks a bunch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That would be a good application for the gun, but I would find one to shoot before I bought one. Hmmm, not you got me thinking that I should get one for a similar application while hunting in bear country.

·
Registered
152 Posts
wow cool i always hear bout ppl using a hard kicking ear ringing snubby as a backup gun so its pretty cool hearin that ur gonna use a 5" barreled gun for the added accuracy n velocity

·
Registered
112 Posts
I recently traded an old Taurus 357 for a stainless Model 60 with the rubber grips. Have only been to the range with it twice so far. After trying different loads I have decided that
plus p "+P" is as hot as I care to shoot in it. That is 38Sp+P I mean.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just read an interesting article about the S&W Model 60-18 in one of the gunrags. It looks nice. It has the two-piece barrel (inner barrel and outer shroud) that S&W is moving towards on most of their models. They say that this bbl configuration is tougher (well, you'd expect them to say that) but they also say that it's more expensive than the one-piece bbls. I'll have to wait and see on that one. It's 3/4 lugged, stainless and has adjustable sights. It looked pretty nice from what I saw.

I have a 2.125" Model 60-14, which is _exactly_ what I wanted, but the -18 would also be a nice trailgun or home defense wheelie.

·
Registered
112 Posts
:oops: Sorry, I forgot to mention that mine is the Model 60-14 in 2 1/8 in.bl. That why I'm going to stick with 38+P ammo.
That enought for this old mans wrist.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts