Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For several months I looked for a 422/622 for my wife due to its weiight. I preferred the 622 over the 422 because of the staiinless but settled for a nice 422 at the gun show for $210. Then last week I saw something at a gun shop I had never seen before. It was a 622 with adjustable sites, black grips and a ventilated rib. Because it was different, came with three mags, and only $199, I brought it home. Can anybody tell me anything about this pistol? I am finding little on it. :?:

Besides the weight, I like that it uses the same mags as my Model 41.

·
Registered
45 Posts
bruff said:
For several months I looked for a 422/622 for my wife due to its weiight. I preferred the 622 over the 422 because of the staiinless but settled for a nice 422 at the gun show for $210. Then last week I saw something at a gun shop I had never seen before. It was a 622 with adjustable sites, black grips and a ventilated rib. Because it was different, came with three mags, and only $199, I brought it home. Can anybody tell me anything about this pistol? I am finding little on it. :?:

Besides the weight, I like that it uses the same mags as my Model 41.

Hello Bruff

When S&W made the 422,622,2213,2214 & The 2206 they had a Good Idea for an alternate Target Pistol to those not wanting to spend what the model 41's cost. All The mentioned models above except the 2213 & 2214 came with Fixed or target sight Options. The 2213 & 2214's are the 3" Fixed sighted models.

The 422 is an all aluminum frame and slide Pistol being the Lightest. The 622 I think is an aluminum Frame with a stainless slide. The 2213 & 2214 are aluminum Frames with steel slides one being blued and the Other apprears to be stainless but it is Powder coated aluminum.

The 2206 is the Only one that is totaly stainless. They are for the most Part a very accurate Pistol, the Only fault I have found is their triggers are Lousy compared to the model 41 but at a fraction of the cost you have to expect some cut backs some where. I have had in the past a 2213-2214 and Two 2206's. Parts are hard to come by, but mine functioned well and gave me no Problems... Hammerdown

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey bruff: I just joined.
This gun is the successor to the 622, as you know it's the 622VR (vented rib). Smiths design had several intentions for this weapon, A) these were cooling ribs to give the gun a more robust appearance. B) It was to be a little lighter, Basically purely cosmetic. The gun is 23oz. and made only with a 6" barrel. Most were made with black composite grips, but there was a small series made with walnut grips. This gun was manufactured in 1996 only. So this weapon is rear, A very good purchase. I have a 422, 622, 2206 bought all new and love. but don't like the new smith stuff. there is a book called complete encyclopedia pistols and revolvers that gives the info I just gave. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey forgot
422, alloy frame and steel slide
622, alloy frame and stainless steel slide
622vr, alloy frame and stainless steel slide
2206, stainless steel frame and stainless steel slide
also parts are still available

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.