Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S&W 9VE OR RUGER P95PR

I do not own either of these and a relative of mine is asking about them. His first handgun.

I have read reviews and can't find anything bad about either one.

Looking for direct input if you have any.

Thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier, I hope it is not too late. I have owned the S&W and will never again pick one up. It is the Sigma and what I didn't like about them were the long, gritty, and heavy trigger pull (they copied Glock's close enough to be successfully fooled but not nearly as good as what Glock provides. I dislike the Glock trigger intensely so neither is a ringing endorsement.). There have been issues with the frame cracking but I believe that was mainly with the 40 S&W and not the 9mm. I liked the Sigma when I first picked it up but the warm fuzzy feeling soon ran down my leg as I gained more familiarity with it. for the price I would go with the Ruger hands down even though it is rather large, heavy, and the mechanicals are a little awkward for me. At least it is built like a Soviet tank and should have little to no functioning issues. I have looked at picking one up myself on a number of times just to use cheap 9mm ammo but I just have not been able to do so. If the knobs and levers were a bit more comfortable for me to use, it would have been a done deal long ago.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I gotta go with uglydog. Don't get the S&W. I've heard a lot of complaints about the trigger, and Smith has had trouble with this gun from the beginning. The Ruger is just the opposite. It doesn't look, or feel, as good, but it is a workhorse that is strong, over built, and never be a problem. For just a little bit more money check out the Ruger SR9. Better feel, extremely accurate, and 17 rounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts