Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a S&W Mod 65, purchaed new in mid 80's and had a a nice smooth trigger job done on it. Actually, consider it a hair trigger for single action! Now years later, for wife and family i'd like to have a bit more pull put on it. The tension screw in the grip can put a little more pull on the trigger but its still a "Very" light pull.
Can the trigger pull be returned to a heaver (standard) pull with out new parts, or am i goint to have to get sone new parts for this pistol. If others in the family are to be using this gun, i think it would be best if the trigger was a little less personalized! (especially if i am going to be around novices and beginners using my weapon...).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, No replies...
I think im going to have to get at least a new tension screw, perpahs more.
Have totally disassembled it a few times, Its not a difficult action or piece of machinery. And lots of parts are commonly available very reasonably. The stainless guns, outa the box, dont have as smooth a trigger pull as the tempered tool steel used blue guns. A bit of stone work makes em pretty nice though, and the tension screw is filed shorter and soft stoned also so there's no protrusion from the butt frame as less tension on the spring is adjusted out. Perhaps an original tension scew is all that is needed... Hope so, I'll just order one and try it. Cant be very expensive. The shippin will probably cost more that the screw. We'll see...
Later Kabob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.