Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired a 19-3 4" bl.357 model in a matte stainless I can find no info on sw making a model 19 in stainless did they and what is the aproxamate value? Also there is a 2x20 burrus on it now to mount the scope the rear sight was removed where can i get a replacment sight? Also what is the value of this gun i would rate it at 98% plus there seems to be no wear and a minimal ring around the cylinder. any info would be great
thanks Kent

·
Registered
606 Posts
If it's a Model 19, it's nickle plated - not stainless. The M 66 was the stainless version of the M 19. A "-3" model would be a pinned barrel and recessed cylinder.... very desireable.... BUT -a nickle plated M 19 should be polished to a mirror finish. If it's a matte finish, somebody messed with it. Given that, the value is greatly reduced.

Also, if it has a target trigger, target hammer, and red insert front sight, that would normally be worth more - but given the finish, it's hard to put a value on it. Also - if the scope is removed, did it have a barrel clamp that marred the finish on the barrel? Again, a reduction in value.

A rear sight would be easy to come by.... all S&W revolvers used the same sight (except for the .460 and .500.... I believe they are different). A 4" M19 would use the .109" high rear leaf insert, available from S&W.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Not dead certain, but I believe the -3 version of the M19 was made in the late 60s/early 70s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts