Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into buying either a .40 S&W sigma, or a .40 S&W SW99. I've read a lot about both and from what I'm told they're both fine handguns. But I wanted yall's opinion on the two before I purchase either as they can both be rather expensive. Anyone have any range time with either? I know most of you are big revolver people, as I was for many years and will remain in the future. However, I've just begun a security job and they only allow semi's. Any details would be wonderful, thank you much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had my 40VE almost a year now. I ordered the 15 round magazine from S&W so it is now 15+1. It has never malfunctioned with any type of ammo, and I do not find the trigger too hard. I cut my shooting teeth on revolvers over 25 years ago so the long trigger pull was no problem for me. A great gun at a very good price. 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been using the sigma 40F and 40C since they came out. Reliability/accuracy is outstanding. I have 5000 rds through one of them and had to replace a striker spring-2$. The other advantage is price, they are 100$ less than a glock and don't BLOW up like the glocks!! The triggers do improve slightly over time. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is no need to pay anyone to fix your Sigma. And you can forget about all of those "shade tree" fixes for the trigger issues. Some of the suggested methods can make your weapon unreliable and even dangerous. Send it to LSG Manufacturing (after calling them first!). They are the AUTHORIZED S&W warranty repair service and will fix it for FREE including shipping both ways.

The address is in your owner's manual.

Happy Shooting!
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.