Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have been interested in purchasing my first firearm for a few weeks now, and have shot several different types, and held numerous others. I narrowed my personal preference down to the .40 Sig 226 or 229, most likely in the Equinox frame.

I plan on using my new pistol mostly for self/home defense and range shooting. I would also like to get my CWP, but honestly I would most likely store the firearm in my car. I cant see myself actually carrying it, but who knows it may happen one day.

I understand that the 229 is the down sized version of the 226, but its only a half inch shorter, and is 2oz lighter. How much more accurate could the 226 be? And would the 229's slight decrease in mass really make it that much more carryable?

I know one would be equally as good as the other, but im more curious which is more ideal for the "all-purpose" user. Should I purchase the smaller 229 soley for its consealability even if I may or may not carry it?

Thanks guys. You have been a lot of help in the past, hopefully the responses I get will help me solidify my indecisiveness.

:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I shoot the 226 more accurately than the 229. I had the choice of being issued those two firearms. Shot them both extensively. Opted for the accuracy of the 226 over the very small difference in concealability.

If you want something easier to conceal in the Sig catalog, you may want to consider the 239.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Thats pretty much what I was thinking too.. Once I do get my CWP I will probably consider buying something smaller, more intended to be a carry gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts