grips, custom wood or Hogues wraparound
with or without finger grooves. I myself
prefer the Hogue wraparound with fingergrooves
less felt recoil and more control. Whats everyone
else prefer? :D Sig Shooter

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got a 229, one of the newer ones. When I was saving up for the sig, the entire time I thought I would replace the factory plastic grips, but once I got it and shot it, I actually love them, and can't find a reason to replace them. They fit very "tight" into my hand, and the grip doesn't move at all when I fire it, giving me great shot placement and follow up shot placement.

I'm curious to follow this thread too though...maybe other people have different opinions, and maybe even different opinions on different sig models.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been pleased very few times with factory grips. I have long fingers and most factory grips simply do not have enough girth. Grip replacement, or 'enhancement', is THE very first thing I do with a new pistol, or revolver for that matter. The Hogue wraparounds with finger grooves are my first choice. This is true not only of SIG but of any other manufacturer. Most any 1911 will have the grips changed immediately. Glocks receive Hogue handall universal slip-on grip sleeves. I even put Hogue handall junior slip-ons on my Walther PPK. The only pistol grips not altered are S&W M&P's. The Smith factory provided a large enough interchangeable backstrap to please me. Thank God for the aftermarket 'folks'! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can see that. I have smaller hands, and short stubby fingers, but I still mostly prefer larger grips. I can imagine if my hands were bigger, I would put aftermarket grips on more. I keep my SW1911 and 229 stock, while I've put hogues on my GP-100 and Beretta, and found some aftermarket grips for my 669. I have factory's on my p94, but don't like them very much, so I think I'll switch to Hogues on that too.

The two that are stock feel very good to me as is.

Thanks for your input 9mmman...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts