Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a new gereral carry pistol. I have heard good things about the Sig and the Glock. Does anyone have any suggetsions on the best overall carry. If Sig, what model. If Glock, what Model. I prefer a 40.cal, but I am open for other ideas. Right now I carry a Ruger P345. The only down side is there are very few accessories for this gun. I am pretty new to pistols, so I would like to hear from some veterans.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you are looking for accessories and a great carrying gun the Glock 23 is a perfect gun to fit your guidelines! There are almost limitless accessories for Glock pistols. On the other hand Sigs are amazing pistols. I am not familiar with their new sp2202 but if they build it with the same pride and integrity that they put in the rest of their pistols then they are worth their weight in precious metals. Also the sp2202 is probably the nearest in price of the sig pistols to the Glock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
10mm gave you a very good answer that would be hard to improve upon.

I have no experience with the new 2022. It sounds like an interesting concept.
I am a huge fan of the P series pistols and currently own 3 -228s , 3 -226s, and a 2 -tone 220.
I consider them the top of line.
The Sigpro is a great gun from what I have seen, but I do not care for its "Feel" as much as the P series.

Glocks are also fine guns, they are more utilitarian than the Sigs.
By that I mean that, they excell in functionality and durability.
You don't care about sweating on or scratching a Glock.
They shootas well as most others and are as reliable.
Their mags are about half the price of everyone elses.
On the other hand if your pride of ownership is part of how the gun looks you may not care for the Glock that much.
Also Gocks have molded grips so if they don't fit you properly then the only option is whittling material away.

The Glock has no external safety, and comes with a 5.5 trigger pull so sloppy gun handleing is less forgiving than other designs such as the Sig.

The Sig uses a discocking DA/SA design as its standard model and they also have a DAO that is very nice.

I own 9 Glocks so there is no bias one way or the other simply because I own one but not the other model.
WE (Wife) have 2-26s, 4-19s, 2-17s,1-34

If you can try them both first, do so.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
297 Posts
I carry a Glock, but I would love to add a Sig to my collection.

Basically, when you get to a certain level of handgun - Glock, Sig, S&W, H&K, Ruger, Springfield, ParaOrdinance, etc., etc., etc., they are all going to do the job. You just have to decide what fits your hand the best, and what caliber you want.

Glocks will do everything the Sig will for a lot less money. Your Ruger will do it, too, for less than the Glock. It's also hard to beat a .45 ACP like yours as well. I think you're doing pretty good with the P345. What kind of accessories are you looking for? Aside from a holster and ammo, what more do you need?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts