Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A question; What is the smallest(physical size), highest capacity and most powerful (stopping power) pistol on the market? I have a Beretta 92FS with a 15 round clip but it is way to big for concealed carry; at least in my estimation. I want something smaller and lighter with lots of stopping power and enough capacity to make me want to give up my Beretta.

Maddawgg[/b]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Personally I either carry the Charter Arms .38 or the Walther PPK/S in .380 I own. True, neither one is hi capacity or has super knock down power, but they are easy to conceal, and if things go bad, they will get me out of a jam.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You could look at a Glock 23.

13+1rds of .40S&W in a pretty small and light package.

Likewise, the G27 is even smaller and you only give up a few rounds in the mag.

I think the best thing to do is get to a shop and see what feels right.

I generally carry a S&W 627 airweight stoked with 5rds of .38+p and two speed strips in my pocket. Decidedly NOT high capacity, but it ought to be enough to get me back to my car in most circumstances and it is very easy to conceal.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I will have to agree with the .40 cal Glocks, 23 or 27. However if you really want stopping power in a small package you could go with the Glock 29, subcompact 10mm. But be prepaired for some recoil. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I add a vote for the glock, I have the G39 (45 GAP) Small and recoil isn't bad at all IMO. Just be warned that ammo though can be expensive and sometimes hard find what you're looking for locally

·
Registered
606 Posts
maddawgg said:
...... I want something smaller and lighter with lots of stopping power and enough capacity to make me want to give up my Beretta.
I don't mean to sound condescending, but this smacks of the "spray 'n' pray" mentality.

A hit with a .22 beats a miss with a .44 every time. In Vietnam, the first thing we pounded into a FNG was that you don't waste ammo; being in a firefight with an empty rifle is a pretty sad state to be in. Shoot that S.O.B. - don't shoot AT him.

You want concealable power? That's okay; but learn to shoot the darn thing, and forget about carrying enough ammo to engage a line company.

My 2 cents' worth. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My Gawd, I thought I was the only dino left in the woods. :lol:

What wwb says times two.

Been there and done it 62 to 66. :D

And bet your bum you will be better able to hit with the 22 at least while your getting a few thousand rounds downrange and a bunch of training along with it. Then transition to any gun you want.
I still carry my 9 shot 22 rev when I can't carry or don't want the weight of my P7.
I'll bet all of us have seen what 22s do to birds rabbits coyotes deer, elk etc.
If they will kill any and all of the above and then take the time to study what kill teams (of human targets) use, it makes it very easy for me to be comfortable with either.
IMHO very good advice on all matters important, size, power, weight, accuracy and finances. :!:

UF

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where in my post did I say I wanted to close my eyes and empty the clip? If you want to carry a .22, have at it. I want something that isn't going to be stopped by a double layer of Carhartts.

Thanks for the info on the Glocks, I'll be looking into what they have to offer.

Maddawgg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.