Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some help!!!

five years ago i bought 7000 rds of 9mm ammo from a small time reloader in orlando fl. (he is no longer in business) i fired it out of my glock and the back of the case was coming off (the whole base of the case) i would to use needle nose pliers to get the case out of the chamber. well i just packed it away in ammo cans and forgot about it. lesson learned. now with the price of ammo is there anyway to take this stuff apart and reload it so i can shoot it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it were me I would dump the ammo, take your loss and move on. Your alternate is to disarm 7000rd one by one, save the case, which is almost worth nothing. Next time buy a known product, 9mm 115 g is so cheap that for plinking it not worth it to reload.
Jim

·
Registered
606 Posts
13MAX13 said:
..... i fired it out of my glock ......
The Glock doesn't have a fully supported chamber, which leads to problems like this with high pressure loads.

Before you dump the whole works, pull a couple bullets and weigh the powder charge. Then, compare the powder to any of the several commonly used powders.... most of them are pretty unique (no pun intended) in appearance. If you can be reasonably certain of the type of powder and the charge, and it's within the limits of the load data, try one in a 1911 or some other flavor of pistol that has a fully supported chamber. Watch for pressure signs such as difficult extraction, flattened primers, etc.

Otherwise, get an impact bullet puller and pull all the bullets. Dump the powder, but save the primed cases and bullets, and reload them with a known charge of the proper type of powder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.