Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy
Looking at getting the T/C PH (likes the fluted barell) for deer in northern NY.
1. Is this a good choice?
2. What caliber would you recommmend? (I can and will reload)
3. What scope for under 300 dollars?

Any and all advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
re: T/C Pro Hunter

My friend just bought the PH in the 270 cal.and he had a small problem with the rifle slung it would always ride backwards with the stock comming up towards his face.We tried two different slings both with rubber backing.I guess its due to the lenght/weight of the barrel.This was especially evident when we entered/exited the woods by a 4-wheeler.I didn't have any such problems with my Encore ML(26"barrel).Maybe the extra 2" of barrel length really pushed the envelope.Long story short-you might be better off with a 24" rifle barreled Encore.You'll still get very good velocity/ft.lbs.and balance in hand.My own personal opinion you couldn't go wrong choosing a 270,308 or 30-06.All this calibers are very common and easy to come by,plus they're excellent deer/bear medicine in N.Y. Good luck and safe hunting,Slug

·
Registered
17 Posts
re: T/C Pro Hunter

I foregot to mention the scope I use mostly is the Burris full-field 3X9X40.The eye relief is very generious,FOV is excellent,it has fast-focus for a very quick/sharp sight picture and the price is reasonable at about $200. Hope this helps,Slug

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well you may be thinking of one and looking at another. I have not seen a PH handgun. I have a PH in 270 as well as several other Thompsons. The PH as far as I know is the rifle version of the TC system of weapons. If you are looking for a handgun I would go with a 44 mag or the SW 500 with a 15 inch barrel. I have two 14 inch TC Contender barrels, 44 mag and 357 MAX. The 44 has Leapold 2 power and the 357 MAX has a 2-6 Bushnell. Both scopes have been used under hunting conditions, hot, cold, dashboard heat, rain and snow. No matter what you get you will enjoy the TC.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You are right R.G. I haven't kept up with all the new stuff. After looking at the site I only saw it offered in rifle sizes. I would be interested in one in S&W 500. I know, go out and get one and we can talk about it on here. I think I am the only one on this site that regularly shoots a TC. I really have enjoyed the Contenders I have. The 44 with the 14 inch barrel is really a shooter. I'll put it up against any gun within 100 yards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.