Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, about 20 years ago I bought one of these and stuck it my dresser drawer and its been there ever since. Last weekend I decided to take it out and put a few rounds through it. It shot alright at first but started jamming up fairly regular. Does anyone have any info on these guns, I didnt pay much for it so I'm guessing it a cheap gun to being with. If it didnt jam up so much I'd be happy with it..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry if this isn't much help. I don't know much about these pistols other than what I've read. And What I've read rates these pistols as low quality. I haven't heard anything about Jammings or misfires on them as Most people say they digest anything they've put in them from Hollow points to "hot" hand loads. Here is a post from a user on another forum about these pistols

"is this gun reliable enough for everyday use?? Not unless they've gone way up in quality over the last 25 years, which I doubt, judging by your comments. I have one made back when FIE imported them into the USA. in the 1970's. They were junk then, and I'd say they are probably not much better now.

They're are (arguably) just a step up from Jennings or Bryco. Mine did however go bang evry time I pulled the trigger, and has had zero problems feeding any and all types of ammunition,,even hollow points and/or "hot" reloads.

"I shot 50 rounds with it and accuracy is not what you would get out of a makarov" - That speaks volumes right there. My GT380 is extremely accurate (realativly speaking), despite it's hard/heavy trigger pull. On a "betcha can't hit those cans" type of dare, I did manage to hit 4 out of 5 empty Coke cans at roughly 40- 50 yards once. If the one you shot was only so/so, I say it probably would be prone to having other problems too. Maybe. Maybe not. It's been my experience that the more accurate a gun is, the better the overall quality, more often than not.

I bought mine as a last resort type of weapon that I kept in the warehouse of a store I worked in at the time. I kept it placed up on top or a rack in the warehouse where I could reach it if someone ever robbed the store and marched me into the warehouse. Company policy forbid having guns, but I figured if I got marched into the backroom, it was a one way trip so I didn't care if I got fired over it. It served it's purpose well for a number of years, and remains a sentimental favorite of mine. It was also the first gun my son ever fired, and he's mentioned that he'd like to have it someday.

Bottom line I guess is that $150 is a fair price,,nothing special,,nothing outrageous,, for a "Store often, shoot little" type of gun. If you want something accurate and dependable that you can run thousans of rounds through, get a Mak. The GT380 won't be in it for the long term" The person's user name is Hal I don't want anyone thinking I stole their words of advice LOL. Happy Shooting

·
Registered
1 Posts
ArmyShooter,

I have a dumb question. I have one of these pistols, a Tanfoglio GT-380, and I cannot decipher how to break it down for cleaning. I can remove the S/F pin, but the slide still will not come free. Can the slide be removed for cleaning?

On a side note, I found the pistol to shoot accurately. I'm not good enough to shoot cans at 50 yards, but I found myself at least as accurate with this pistol as with my P220.

I had no problems with the action, but I have not put a whole lot of rounds through it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have an old Tanfoglio .25 ACP pistol made in Italy - pre the 1968 import ban - and it's a solid little gun, never had any problems with it. It is miles better than the ones that were made in Florida by FIE.

They are now part of EEA and their guns are pretty well regarded.

mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Army Shooter
I'm new here , so did you get an answer to your question ? If not I have a 380 , enable the safty's then pull back on the slide when it stops lift up . From there the slide will can be removed from the body . That is the way my Italian made 380 comes apart .

p.s. there are no dumb questions when it comes to having a clean reliable weapon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.