Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come into possesion of a small pocket pistol in .380 caliber made by Tanfoglio. It's a Model GT 380,sn 1206xx, left to me by a customer who passed away. Unfortunately, the neighborhood in which I live MS13 graffity has begun to appear on walls and mailboxes. There have been a few breakins and home invasions. I'm an old man with a bad heart- can't afford to move so I'll have to do something to protect myself. I have many shotguns for in home defense (hunting guns) but i worry about getting from the parking lot into the apartment. I'm going to have to start carrying this gun concealed to and from the car so I'm going to have to learn about it. Can anyone direct me to an owners manual or other disassembly instructions?

TIA, 'Lonzo

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try this: With chamber empty, the magazine removed and hammer cocked, turn the manual safety to on-safe. Pull the slide all the way back and at the same time, lift it up at the rear and ease the slide off the rails toward the front. You can remove the recoil spring and guide out the front. If that procedure works, that is the extent of the field stripping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doc: Thanks for the response. I figured out how to remove the slide but I'm still confused on one issue. This thing is supposed to be a double action auto but I can't find a de-cocker. Is that the lever on the rear of the slide? If so, it doesn't work. If not, how does one lower the hammer on a shell in the chamber? I know questions like this are a pain in the butt to those of you who are knowledgeable of pistols but I'm afraid I'm a babe in the woods.

TIA, 'Lonzo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: re: Tanfoglio Model 380

Alonzo Tubbs said:
This thing is supposed to be a double action auto but I can't find a de-cocker.
It might not have one, especially an older gun.

If not, how does one lower the hammer on a shell in the chamber?
Very carefully! You would have to "ride the hammer down" with your thumb while pulling the trigger. Make sure to point the gun in a safe direction while doing this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.