Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my girlfriend (who is 21) just had her and her mothers apartment broken into after she had to evacuate during the Southern California wildfires and is understandably a little scared (she moved back in, no harm). Her mother owns a pistol I was hoping that maybe you could help me identify because I would like to download a manual so I could field strip it and clean it before taking it to the range so she can familiarize herself with it. I have an above average knowledge of firearms but I'm no expert so I was hoping you guys could help me out. I don't have the gun in front of me so I might be a little sketchy with the details and will post more if need be. It has "Tangfolio" stamped onto it, which in and of itself confuses me because I always thought it was Tanfoglio. Perhaps I just read it wrong? Are there Tanfoglio knock-offs that might be stamped like this? It's about 15-20 years old. It is a subcompact semiautomatic and fires a .380 ACP round. It has two safeties on the left side; one under the slide just in front of the grip and one behind the grip (don't remember if it is on the slide or under it 1911-style). The grips don't appear to be aftermarket and the left grip has a very noticable place for the right thumb to set comfortably jutting out from it (I would almost call it a ledge). The only other bit of information I think might be helpful is that it has an external hammer. From pictures I have seen it most definately is not a Tanfoglio GT27. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Sounds like a model GT380 if it has a 6 shot magazine.

GT380XE if it has a 11 shot magazine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what it is! Thank you. I've been looking and will continue to look but do you know where I might find a manual for the GT380?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts